Are you trans*?
Connected to Peel?
Want to give input on trans* programming for Activate It! through East Mississauga Community Health Centre?
Join the Trans* Advisory Committee!
Here are the details:
- Monthly meetings – 1st Wednesday of the month, 6pm – 8pm starting October 1st, 2014
- East Mississauga Community Health Centre, Unit 7, 2555 Dixie Rd, Mississauga
- Accessible space with all gender washrooms
- Great volunteer opportunity – 5 hrs/month (2 hr meetings and 3 hrs outside of meetings)
- Make community connections
- Food and bus tickets provided
The Trans* Advisory Committee will bring together individuals who self-identify as trans* to give important input on current and future trans* programming. We are looking for folks who have not attended programs as well as folks who currently attend programs.
The Trans* Advisory Committee is part of Activate It! a program for newcomers and trans* communities in peel Region which aims to support, reduce isolation and contribute to the empowerment, knowledge and health of the participants through mental health prevention and health promotion. Activate It! is funded by United Way of Peel Region.
If you are interested in joining or have questions contact
* includes by is not limited to individuals who identify as 2 Spirit, transgender, transsexual, genderqueer, FtM, MtF, androgyne and more!